Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tagged

Okay, I'll play along, but I've never been very good at playing with others...

1. Pick up the nearest book: Baby Shark's Beaumont Blues which *just* came in the mail yesterday. (It was just a hair closer than Lee Lofland's book "Police Procedure and Investigation.")
2. Turn to page 123. What? I haven't even read the damn book? And now I'm supposed to turn to page 123? Errr.
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next five sentences:
"'Though you spent more time than I would have on the underwear, I love it.'
Sherry's reaction fo my shopping was more gracious than I expected, which said as much about me as about her.
'Thanks,' I said and we were past it.
Otis didn't waste time. He asked her how she ended up in the Cambridge Court Sanitarium."

Now, some times, I'm a little dense, but what the hack does this show, anyway? Do other folks enjoy reading these snippets from the middle of books?

I'm not trying to dis the activitiy, honest, I just don't get it. I don't get thong panties, either. And a whole host of other things.

I'm supposed to tag five other people, preferrably folks who haven't been tagged. And *fumble*!

Patti Abbott sent this to me. And I don't know anyone who hasn't had this thing in the last few days. So, like chain letters and other things, I'm gonna have to let this one die in my hands. Better than killing kittens or students.

1 comment:

Linda L. Richards said...

"Okay, I'll play along, but I've never been very good at playing with others..."

Wow. No kidding? That's just, you know, incredibly surprising.