Friday, June 13, 2008

Look who's back to making trouble!

Yep-- another Bo Fexler story has made it's appearance in the dark alleys of the internet. Over at Yellow Mama is the story "Medium Well."

It was written with the Medium of Murder contest in mind, but I didn't make the cut. I wonder how many other authors used Medium in the context of cooked meat? Or in this case, a burnt body.

I liked the case-- an unidentified burnt man, but it was certainly a trick to come up with a reason for private eye Bo Fexler to investigate. So, I had some wealthy, eccentric old man hire her. It seems like a cop out, but it works all right, I think.

And the picture Yellow Mama has for it is cool-- though I don't know how it is the Bo never shows up as a blond. Honey blond, pale skin, and eyes like emeralds-- deep green, cold, and hard. Plus curves that are dangerous. Oh well, I still get a kick out of seeing a pic that goes with MY story. Makes me feel like I'm some sort of big-shot.

But really, I'm just a quiet, quilly person from a small town.

2 comments:

r2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
r2 said...

Sorry, the last comment had too many typos. Here's what I meant to say:

Nice story. The dialogue was really sharp. I like it that you're giving a shout out to the old masters of noir.