Thursday, July 3, 2008

Quirky... books?

I'm pretty comfortable saying that I know what "quirky" means. I'd better, since I use it all the time. I'm pretty quirky.

Everyone has their quirks.

Like being unable to put a drink down on a bare surface because it will leave condensation rings. I MUST have a folded paper towel (or similarly absorbant item) underneath. If, for some reason I don't, I can become rather fixated on the condensation rings formed.

Or refusing to purchase clothing with obvious logos-- with a few exceptions for particular, favored brands. Hubby has finally learned that it doesn't matter to me how 'nice' a garment is, if it has a logo for a company not on the short list, it will not even considered. I will wear shirts with witty sayings, but not not logos.

Or setting the alarm to go off a half-hour earlier than necessary just to be able to hit the 'snooze' and get some stolen sleep. I love stolen sleep. It's the best sleep ever.

I am quirky. I understand what quirky means in regular usage.

But I do not have a clue what a "quirky" or "offbeat" book would be. Came across these descriptors in the ol' Agent search. Maybe I've just never read a quirky or off-beat book. I don't know.

I'm pretty sure that my novel would not be considered quirky. It's more along the lines of erotica disguised as a mystery. ;-)

But what is a quirky book? Any ideas?

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

A doctor names Dickson was featured in our local paper today. Any relation?

Clair D. said...

I don't think so.

There's not too many folks in Hubby's family with the Dickson name left anymore. It's kind of up to me and him to carry on the name... scary. =)