Friday, March 6, 2009

Lay and Lie


The short story by this name is now up at Twist of Noir. This little story originally appeared at DZ Allen's MuzzleFlash.

Sex and lies. And some wordplay.

I'm glad this story got to come out into the light again. I'll be dusting off some other reprints, too.

I've been working on a couple stories lately, though none of them flash fiction. Flash fiction is a beast of a whole different type. Those ideas tend to come to me fully formed, ready to slam down on paper.

But flash fiction just hasn't been in my brain in a while. Perhaps a consequence of working so long on novels last year (finishing Novel #1 and starting Novel #2). Or maybe I'm just tapped out on flash. At least my muse has tossed me a couple other ideas. Longer ones. I thought one of them was a flash fiction idea, but so far, when I try to pour it into that size glass, it just spills all over the damn place. Either I'm writing it wrong, or it's just not flash fiction.

The story will always determine how long it's supposed to be. It's important to listen to what the story says.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I find flash difficult to write unless it's an assignment. I never think in such a short form.