Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm on Facebook


It was really only a matter of time, especially since my cousin and best friend (who had to move to stupid Washington D.C.... grumble ;-) has been pestering me to join up for quite some time. So, with school ending, my schedule has been freeing up, and I joined up.

After puttering around an adding a few friends, I'm now more or less ready to publicly announce that I'm there.

One of the things that is interesting about the site is seeing the photos of the people I went to high school with, none of whom I've seen in the last ten years. Since we're all nearing thirty years old, most of us no longer look like high school students. (Though I have been mistaken, by my boss, as a student in my own classroom...)

My cousin and my sister-in-law both tell me that Facebook is addicting and will suck hours from one's life. So far, I've browsed a few photos, gotten frustrated because sometimes it's really hard to confirm which [insert name] is the one I used to know, and taken a few quizzes.

I'm quite sure I'm missing something. Maybe I need more friends? Nothing like a social network to reaffirm my own antisocial tendencies...

So, I'm over there as Clair Nofs Dickson. (No idea what the link will do... ;-)

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I still don't get facebook after months on it. Why do I need to tell people I am feeling glum? Or hear that they are grilling chicken or watching the Mets?

Sophie Littlefield said...

I'm a reluctant FBer too...I'm with you guys. I'll never twitter. Everyone keeps telling me I'll love it...I guarantee I would NOT love it. Ack, gives me hives just thinking about it. Still, nice to see you ladies out there...I consider you my cohort :)

Paul D Brazill said...

I Twitter but i find it a bit confusing. It's nice to watch, for example, the 'ladinage' between Gordan H & ray banks but I really can't think of anything to say a lot of the time!