Saturday, August 16, 2008

Talking

How do you talk to someone who doesn't listen?

Or perhaps it's more a question of how do you keep talking to someone who doesn't listen?

And what the hell do you do when someone makes an argument (point, etc.) about why X is true-- and you agree, but the other person continues to get more animated as they continue to explain their position on why X is true. And you still agree. You never disagreed. What next?

When I'm writing, I can usually think of some witty line for my character or otherwise manipulate the situation. Furthermore, I have time to think of a line or response or reaction.

Reason number #257 of why writing is better than real life.

  • Novel #2 Progress: (back at it) 18k
  • Query Status: holding at two partials, but now with 6 rejections
  • Current Song: A Man by Alanis Morrisette

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

Your MTM post is not showing up for some reason. I'll check back in a bit.